Looking for Something Search Here

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fashion in Japan.........


I always get asked "What's the fashion like in Japan?" My answer…………..DIFFERENT!! I believe it all boils down to whatever you want to wear goes. Now, when I say "WHATEVER" I mean WHATEVER!!! For the longest, my eyebrows were always raised with a question ....“What were they thinking when they put that on?” However, after being here for over a year, my eyebrows have lowered and a permanent crease has been left above my forehead!! Lol!! Just kidding!! Let's just say, now I look at fashion differently. I’ve learned that you can’t look at fashion with a judgmental eye. I mean seriously, who or what defines fashion anyway……….


Top 20 Must-haves for Women living in Japan


1. An over the shoulder handbag


2. Leggings-black, zipped on the side, denim, ripped, or studded


3. Tights-jet black, purple, patterned, or thick cotton


4. Manicured nails


5. Blush


6. Long eyelashes


7. Boots-over the knee, ankle, or Ugg’s


8. Plaid shirts


9. As many skirts as you can possibly have in different styles


10. Hair scrunchies (oh yes!! I said scrunchies!! These are major sellers here!! And might I add, very expensive!!)


11. Oversized sweaters or shirts


12. A Samantha Thavasa bag


13. Anna Sui cosmetics


14. Studded-purses, shoes, or clothes


15. Overalls


16. Boyfriend jeans


17. Denim- shirts, jackets, or vest


18. Flat laced-up Oxfords


19. Shorts – fringed, rolled up, or denim (paired with tights)


AND LASTLY.............


20. Jodhpur pants

No comments:

Post a Comment