Looking for Something Search Here

Friday, October 2, 2009

What was in your lunch box?



Can you remember when you were in Elementary and your mom would make your lunch for school? Do you remember what would be in your lunch box? I can!! Most kids at my school had things like potato chips, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cookies, an apple, and maybe some carrots in their lunch boxes. And everything would be wrapped up in foil, cling, or zip lock bags. Do you remember? Well, here in Japan it's a little different (maybe a lot). I don't think any of the kids have seen a lunch like ours.

For Japanese, presentation is everything. The lunches our moms made us would be frowned upon. When I first started teaching here and lunchtime rolled around my jaw dropped. I was so fascinated with the kid’s lunches. All the moms put so much time and effort into preparing their kid's lunches it's unreal. Everything is so detailed! It would make anyone want to eat their lunch. You know what, just check out the pics for yourself.





Above is one of my student's lunches. Cool Right? I told you it's all about presentation!


These 2 pics I found on the web of Japanese school kids lunch. Presentation is key!!

No comments:

Post a Comment